Thursday, August 28, 2014

100% Chance Of...

One of my particularly "OCD-like" tendencies is that I am constantly checking the weather...all day long. Part of the problem may be that I am using weather.com as my source, which I've been informed by numerous people, sucks. Despite their advice, I am always going back for more. Kind of like that really bad boyfriend in high school that your friends keep telling you to stay away from, but it seems you're always getting back together one more time.

Anyhow, pretty much the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is check the weather. Or if we're being completely honest, the very first thing I do is grab my smartphone. Isn't that what we all do? Let's take a poll on how many of us reach for our smartphone in the morning before even getting out of bed. I bet the percentage would be startling. Not surprising, but startling.

So I check the weather, and the very first thing I notice is that there is a 100% chance for rain. This makes me smile on the inside because there is something very satisfying to my perpetually organized brain about seeing that 100%. I am a planner. I like these odds. Like, thank you weather man for finally knowing what the hell is going on today. And then I thought, wouldn't that be great if there could be a "life forecaster" sometimes. For example....

There is a 100% chance than your two year old will wake up at 5:45 again tomorrow. Thank you Mr. Life Forecaster, I will go to bed early tonight.

There is a 100% chance that you will want to die during Total Body Conditioning class this morning, and possibly be cursing under your breath at the back of the instructor's head. Thank you Mr. Life Forecaster, maybe I'll skip today's class.

There is a 100% chance that you will meet a really nice mom with two kids your age at the park on the way home. Thank you Mr. Life Forecaster, I'm glad I gave in to the pleas from the backseat, rather than going home like I wanted to.

There is a 100% chance that you will have a special moment with your daughter today if you'd resist the temptation of your smartphone. Thank you Mr. Life Forecaster, I'm so glad I did. And this is what
we did while the littlest little was taking a nap, Brooklyn was done with her quiet time, and I set down my phone...
Is there anything more adorable than a little girl dressing up like her Mommy?
 
Another cute moment from playing dress-up. And this is what they look like when they hear Daddy's work van coming up the driveway. Notice Laney, who has simply decided she is not satisfied with the stool we precariously put on top of the toy chest for her, but would like to stand on the 1/2 inch back rail.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
And in case you're wondering, it did rain today, but maybe I should still take this moment to say........
 
 
WEATHER.COM, THIS IS FOR YOU...
 
 
 
Taylor Swift - "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment